What is Krishitantra? And why opt for Krishitantra?
Since 2017, a team of young engineers, based in Karnataka, has been working extensively on improving agriculture and facing the challenges that surround it. They aim to test and research the health of the soil and provide the best automation solution to enhance productivity and farmer well-being.
The Mastermind behind the startup
‘Krishitantra’ was founded by three masterminds.
1) Sandeep Kondaji, Founder & CEO
With a specialization in instrumentation engineering and more than ten years of experience as a businessman and a serial entrepreneur, Sandeep Kondaji started his career in the Middle East in the telematics sector. “Krishitantra” is his brainchild that aims to bring happiness to the farmers. Through this project, he wishes to fulfill his interest in sustainable energy and consulting experience on green buildings.
2) Dr. Vishnu Prasada Bhat, Co-founder & CTO
Armed with extensive knowledge and a Ph.D. in Electronics, Dr. Bhat works relentlessly towards engineering state-of-art technologies and products to address the most demanding and compelling problems in agriculture. Apart from acquiring the cultivation tract and established knowledge from his descendants, he is enthusiastic about bringing delight to farmers by blending technology and farming.
3) Anand B R, Co-Founder & COO
Anand started his journey with the IT for over sixteen years in India’s silicon valley, soon he made his appearance in agriculture. Backed by vast knowledge in Chemistry and expertise in farming with rich experience in sales, he holds scientific farming in high esteem. He too strives towards bringing happiness to farmers by transforming their approach towards scientific farming by introducing modern state-of-art tools and technologies.
1) Easy-to-use: Except for the soil sample preparation, the entire process is easy and can be operated by anybody with basic knowledge and education.
2) Accessibility: The device is portable and accessible at any location that is easier for farmers. It has been designed to work on electricity, solar, and battery with provisions to use monitor and 7” touch screen.
3) Time: The resultas take less than 30 days and you will get notified via SMS.
4) Cost: Cost is pocket friendly. Less compared to private companies but comparative to govt labs.
5) Accuracy: Since it is automated, the resuits are generally accurate compared to physical labour output.
This social impact start-up promises to provide sustainable yet accurate results. The cutting edge technologies are developed only to face any hardship faced by the agrarian sector and provide the best to its customers.